Careers – Counties Manukau
Healthcare Assistant – CHT Waiuku
We take great care of older people and want you to join our team!
About the Role
CHT Healthcare Trust is a leading provider of residential aged care in the North Island. Our values are care, comfort and compassion. Being an independent healthcare trust, we focus all energy and resources on caring for residents, their families, communities and our teams.
We have an permanent opportunity for an experienced Healthcare Assistant to work night shifts 2300 – 0700, Tuesday to Saturday week 1 and Tuesday to Friday week 2. You will be working with a positive and enjoyable team and have the opportunity to grow in the role.
Some Duties include but are not limited to:
- Report to the duty nurse and complete delegated tasks in a timely manner
- Residents‚ personal care tasks, i.e. hygiene, grooming, toileting
- Including mobilising, shaving, brushing of teeth and hair
- Maintain documents in resident healthcare records
- Serving and assisting with meals
- The opportunity to learn and training is available to progress your HCA career‚ vital signs, diabetes care, simple wound dressings, medication giving, etc.
Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of previous aged care experience preferred
- New Zealand Certificate in Health and wellbeing or equivalent preferred
- People skills with empathy for the elderly and their families
- The ability to work in a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
We look forward to receiving your updated CV and a cover letter outlining your experience as an HCA and what you can bring to the CHT Waiuku team.
CHT St Christophers – Registered Nurse (casual)
CHT Healthcare Trust takes great care of older people in hospitals and rest homes across Auckland, Bay of Plenty and Waikato regions. As an independent healthcare organistion we focus on our residents and their needs and reinvest all surpluses back into our facilities and resident care.
We need Registered Nurses to provide great care to our residents at our busy aged care hospital and rest home. CHT St Christophers in Papatoetoe has a job vacancies for casual Registered Nurses – you must be available for all shift times including nights.
CHT Hillcrest – Registered Nurse
CHT takes great care of older people in hospitals and rest homes across Auckland, Bay of Plenty and Waikato. As an independent healthcare trust we focus on our residents and their needs and reinvest all surpluses back into our facilities and resident care.
CHT Hillcrest in Mangere has an opening for a full time, permanent RN position.
We are looking for candidates who have the following:
– A valid work visa or NZ resident
– At least 1 years experience in the aged care setting ideal although training is avaialble if required
– Current Annual Practicing Certificate and first aid certificate
– Empathy and respect for older people
– Computer literacy skills
– Must be able to work weekends if required